Yep. That’s right. Yours truly!
I’m now team teaching a CTR 5 class. And, by the way - let me tell you, I love the team teaching concept! My previous wards have been so small, it was a struggle just to get one teacher for many positions, much less two. Having two teachers makes it so much easier - especially for 5 year olds.
There are 6 children in the class - 3 boys and 3 girls. I know. I can hear you saying, “And for that number you need two teachers???” But it certainly is helpful to have another adult to ride herd on the boys.
The kids are so precious, though. One boy seems to have so much anger inside, and acts out frequently; but when he decides to take part in class, he knows what’s going on and where we are in the lesson. Another boy wears a tie every Sunday, sits so quietly and always takes part in the lessons. It was fun to see him exhibit his talent for last Sunday’s lesson by breakdancing! The girls are so quiet compared to the boys and none of them are quite ready to accept me yet. Maybe after I've been in class for a while...
Although I feel exceptionally ill-prepared to try to teach these young souls anything, there has to be a reason for me to be doing this at this time. I suspect the lessons are as much for me to learn as for the kids!
2 comments:
I teach the 5 and 6 year old class and LOVE IT!!! I have suggested team teaching because I have been gone so much and still have a couple of trips to take this year. I'm sure you will do great and the kids will get to know you real soon.
Ma...I have a blog too...
hayesfamily2003.blogspot.com
Post a Comment