I’ve lived in Georgia a little over two years now, having made my way here from Virginia by way of Florida. So far, I love it. While both the mountains and the ocean have a lot going for them, north central Georgia seems to suit me just fine. I’m not quite in the North Georgia mountains, but close enough that the temperatures are usually just a little cooler than downtown Atlanta.
Actually living in the city - “inside the perimeter” as they say here - doesn’t appeal to me very much, but I’m really surprised by how much I enjoy having easy access. My little home a half mile - for now, at least - from my office, surrounded by stores and restaurants serves me very well. While I feel fairly certain I’ll never enjoy driving downtown, it’s nice to know I’m close for those (granted, very few) times I want to take in the sights or take care of business.
The climate works well for me, too. It’s much less humid than I thought it would be; but after living at the beach, I guess almost any place would be less humid. I don’t mind that snow isn’t a huge part of the winter weather scene.
I love my job, except for the fact that the office I work in will be moving to midtown - Lenox Park - after the first of the year. The people are great. The work is often challenging, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
All in all, life is good.
2 comments:
Yeah for GA.
OK girl, where are some other posts? I'm ahead of you.
Post a Comment