Monday, December 8, 2008

The View from Georgia has been a bit dark, lately. After months of procrastination and waffling back and forth, the powers that be finally gave us the drop dead date for the removal of our office from Alpharetta to Buckhead. This coming Friday is it.

We’ve all been purging files and packing what we can’t bear to part with. As a relative newbie, I don’t have as much stuff to go through as a lot of my co-workers.

On the bright side, the new offices are just that - new; so we won’t have to live with the retro 80s décor of this building. I will also have a window next to my desk, which is a decided improvement. It’s just really difficult getting past the fact that I now live ¾ of a mile from my office and beginning Monday, I’ll get to travel 23 miles to work on the infamous parking lot known as GA 400. Or not. I’ve been looking at options and it may be that ignoring 400 and taking local roads might be better. But it still is more than ¾ of a mile.

I’m sure I’ll adapt. I’ve tried every way I know to transfer to another part of the company that’s staying in this building, to no avail. Apparently, there are things I need to learn from a daily commute that I’m not learning now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know what I would be learning....PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE!! I KNOW I KNOW...it's going to give you time to get books on CD and listen to them...woo hoo woo hoo hoo!!