Having both been employed the last four years of my life AND lived in a home with north/south ambiance (my bedroom window being on the north side), I tend to get a bit antsy when I awake to find the sun shining brightly into my bedroom window. This would mean - at the very least - that it is nearly noon and I'm 3 1/2 hours late for work.
Not so much, in the land of unemployed bliss(?) in a room that faces east.
Did you know that - in July in this land of so much sky - the sun reaches full force the instant it peeks above the eastern horizon at 5:07 am? Unlike the subtler form of dawn to which I'm accustomed.
This can have quite unnerving effects on one's waking moments to include a headlong rush to the bathroom, spewing expletives along the way, only to realize upon arrival in such safe haven that it is a) not yet 5:30 in the morning and b) there is no job to go to, anyway.
Life is gonna take a little getting used to!
No comments:
Post a Comment