... but you really would think I'd have been here at least once since 2009!
It's really been a little like Grand Central around here, though. Kellie, Gia and Emi here from March 2009, then Kathy and Sara came to stay in the spring of 2010. It got a little crowded (have I mentioned - two bedroom townhouse?), then just before we decided to buy/rent a larger house, Kellie decided she was moving to Missouri for some opportunities for her, there. I hate to say I don't remember exactly when, even though I rode with her in the moving truck - June, maybe? Hailee came to visit for several weeks in the summer, and then it was back to me, Kathy and Sara. Notice I didn't say "just". There is no "just" where a 4 - 5 year old is concerned! She loves her Nana, which is a good thing - but, oh my! Into everything! I traveled again in 2010 for the holidays - to Chicago for Thanksgiving with David and then to Missouri for Christmas with Kellie.
In December, I learned that I had been "surplussed" at work. For those unused to corporate spin, that means I was laid off. AT&T did a massive restructure and my job was one that disappeared as of February 28. Aside from my initial chagrin at being put out to pasture, I'm not really upset - I got a nice severance package and have since determined - with my doctor, discussion and much prayer - that now is a good time to retire on disability - if there ever IS a good time! It has just become more and more difficult to make it through the day, even when I'm not going to work.
SO... I'm now preparing for my trek West. My sister Ginny lived in California during the 70s and early 80s and my brother David lived in Kansas in the 70s. I'm a little late, but am moving to Missouri, probably the end of June, to coincide with Kathy's return to North Dakota. Kellie has decided to buy a house we can share. If I'm paying rent to her, the money from my severance will last much longer (hopefully until my disability claim is approved)than if I continue to maintain an independent residence here in Alpharetta. And this is exciting. I hate the packing part, but I can really get into moving.
Westward Ho!
No comments:
Post a Comment